May 22, 2019
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup chopped cilantro
• 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 cup chopped Nichols Farms California Pistachio Roasted Kernels
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
• ¼ teaspoon chili powder
• 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
• 4 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Dash of ground black pepper
• 1 pound of whitefish such as cod, haddock, tilapia, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking sheet or line the sheet with parchment paper
2. Whisk the egg, cilantro, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl
3. Chop the pistachio kernels in a mini food processor into fine pieces
4. Mix the pistachios, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl
5. Dip fish in egg mixture, coating well on both sides, then coat the fish with the pistachio breading. Place fish on the pan. Repeat this step with each piece of fish.
6. Bake fish in the oven for 15-20 minutes
Serve the fish with some wild rice and plenty of vegetables. Enjoy!!!