10 Great Ways To Use Artichokes
August 22, 2018
Artichokes…they might look mysterious and you might be unsure on how to properly prepare a fresh artichoke, but they deserve your full attention as they’re packed full of vitamins and nutrients such as dietary fiber, vitamin C, folate, and magnesium.
Below are 10 Great Ways To Use Artichokes!
1. Add artichoke hearts to vegetable sautés and stir-fries.
2. Stir cooked, chopped artichoke hearts into risotto or whole-grain salads.
3. Make an edible bowl by scooping out the middle and choke of a cooked artichoke. Fill the bowl with bean dip, guacamole, or tuna
salad and use the petals as dippers
4. Mash cooked artichoke hearts into a batch of
5. Sauté together onions, garlic, kale, and artichoke hearts. Spread the veggies on a pizza crust, add a few dollops of ricotta cheese, and bake according to the pizza crust instructions.
6. Mix cooked, chopped artichoke hearts into your next omelet or quiche.
7. Skewer marinated artichoke hearts with shrimp or chicken and vegetables like onions,peppers, or zucchini, for
8. Use Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise for a healthier version. Make variations by adding lemon zest, chopped olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or fresh herbs of your choice.
9. Steam artichokes in a slow cooker with garlic, olive oil, and white wine
10. Blend cooked artichoke hearts into hummus
To prepare a whole, fresh artichoke for cooking, rinse and lightly scrub it under cold water. Cut about an inch off the top and remove the bottom of the stem. Snip the thorns off the petal tips with a pair of kitchen shears. Spread the petals slightly apart, rub all cut parts with a lemon, and you’re ready to cook!